Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary.
Posted Feb 04, 2022 - 21:02 EST
An upcoming scheduled maintenance window where LuxSci will be migrating email services for rs158.luxsci.com to a new server will take place on Friday February 4th between the hours of 9PM and 11PM Eastern. This migration will be disruptive, as there will be some downtime and the internet IP address of the server will change.
During the migration, the public IP address for the email server will be changed from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206. LuxSci will be automatically updating the DNS settings for services, so you will not have to change email, SSH, or SFTP configurations.
This is a DISRUPTIVE Maintenance
This server migration will include 15 - 30 minutes of downtime as LuxSci:
(a) Synchronizes your files and databases between the servers
(b) Updates LuxSci-managed DNS settings to point your services and managed web sites to the new server.
What is Happening?
Services hosted from rs158 are being migrated to a new server as part of a larger migration that LuxSci is performing. Once this migration is complete, User services for rs158 will be running on a new server that will:
1. Have faster CPU processors.
2. Have very much faster server memory.
3. Have very much faster network interface speeds (for upload/download of data).
4. Have a consistently faster disk subsystem.
5. Include automatic TCP/IP layer 3 and 4 distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection services.
6. Have more outbound bandwidth included with your plan.
7. Reside in the 2nd Generation, security-first Oracle Cloud.
8. Be using The Unbreakable Oracle Linux v8 Kernel.
9. Include extensive 2nd-generation security protections to isolate your server from other machines using the same hypervisor.
After this migration you will gain the above advantages at no additional charge. At LuxSci, security, performance, and reliability are front and center.
Affected users are those that use the shared email server rs158. Your email server hostname looks like: